segunda-feira, 13 de julho de 2009

Ho Chi Mihn City

After a looong way flying and stopping, I got to Ho Chi Mihn City. The city of rushed people, motorbikes, no traffic rules (almost) and a lot of happy people.

First step outside of the airport and hot! 22:45 and it was really hot. Not like dying hot, but enough heat to make me start sweating in three minutes.
I traveled to the apartment that the company where I'm working these weeks, arranged for me. Little problem: they had no record whatsoever that I would arrive. I guess they are needing some software :P

No worries, after talking and having the reception person calling 5 people, he said he would get me a room. It was also my fault of course, because I should have printed their confirmation.
Anyway, they put in a temporary room that luckily happened to be the one they had booked for me.


Sunday, with a bit of jetlag and the bad idea of starting to watch a movie around 3 in the morning (The Transformers... I had it since long, so it was time to see), I woke up a bit late.

I went to the city with a new colleague from work, he showed me a bit around, taught me how to cross streets (no, not so simple as waiting for the green light and cross) and introduced to a nice Vietnamese soup. It was kind of spicy, or I had put too many red chilly stuff there. I tend to sweat with chilly food, so for me it was like I was swimming there! :D

Later on, a nice coffee, really good. But he warned me that it would be strong. Well, the fact that I only slept at 5 in the morning and woke up at 8 to go to work, proves he was right.

Later on, other guys from the company joined us in a bar tour. Very nice streets, food everywhere and a lot of people. Of course motorcycles are everywhere.

I forgot to take my camera on the first day, my fault :| but I will soon post some pictures here. No worries! :)

Probably tonight I will take some already.

Sem comentários: